"Lotus Notes NOT installed/configured Properly"
- Lotus Notes not installed on conversion machine. or
- NSF file is encrypted with .ID file. or
- Lotus Notes Client Configured for Domino Server
For this, follow the steps discussed below:
Step 1: Check whether Lotus Notes is installed in a conversion machine or not.
- If not installed, install & configure Lotus Notes in a conversion machine. Lotus Notes should be stand alone or it should not be connected with Domino Server. How to install & configure Lotus Notes?
- If installed, then try to open NSF file by double clicking. If this does not work, then proceed to Step 2 & Step 3.
Step 2: Then, check for whether Lotus Notes is connected with Domino Server or not.
- If yes, then configure a new machine with Lotus Notes client (not connected with Domino Server) and Outlook for the successfully conversion process.
- If no, then check whether there is an error like: Local Access Protection. Then proceed to step 3.
Step 3: This step includes:
- Configure a new machine with Lotus Notes client (not connected with Domino Server) and Outlook for the successfully conversion process. and copy the .ID file associated with the NSF file in a new machine.
- Then open Lotus Notes, go to File -> Security -> Switch ID.
- Locate the .ID file and enter password.
- And then you will be able to open the NSF file on the conversion machine.
Then run the Export Notes software or other SysTools Notes conversion software to convert the NSF file.